Explore Rio de Janeiro beyond the obvious and feel like a real 'carioca'.
* About: My name is Myle, I'm a singer, writer and teacher. Walter, my husband, writes plays for theatre and scripts for movies and TV. We both have 37 years old and we enjoy hosting nice, friendly and open-minded people, with whom we can share experiences and from whom we can learn a little bit!
* Our Hostel: We live in a charming house built in 1938, with 750 square meters, just below the famous Cristo Redentor statue. Located in the foothills of the Tijuca Forest, yet only 2 blocks from the main street - where you can find plenty of public transportation options to everywhere in the city, our guest house, called Corcovado Hostel, has no direct entrance from the road. To walk up to the house, it's necessary to climb an ancient staircase, as shown in the pictures! Besides the bedrooms, Corcovado Hostel has a large open veranda overlooking the mountains with a dining table, washing area, sun-loungers and a shower, perfect for relaxing, sun bathing and to soak up the atmosphere of Rio. And with some luck, little monkeys and toucans will show up to say hello!
* Rooms: We have 5 different types of rooms, all clean and airy. Each room is independent from each other opening out onto the terrace.
* The neighborhood: Just between old center and the beaches, Cosme Velho is a traditional neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro, a high-class residential area, very charming and safe, with historical monuments and the memory of illustrious residents, great artists, writers and poets. During the night, Cosme Velho is quiet and peaceful, a place where you can feel like a real 'carioca'. And in case you want to hang out into Rio's nightlife, in 15 minutes, you are in Lapa, Copacabana or Ipanema, knowing that you'll come back to sleep in a little paradise!
* Transportation: From the main street (2 blocks from the hostel), the metro bus takes you to Largo do Machado metro station in 15 minutes where you can catch the metro to the centre or to the beaches. It also takes only 20 minutes by bus to Lapa and Centro (downtown Rio) and to Ipanema and Copacabana. There is also easy access to Santa Teresa, Paineiras and Tijuca Forest.
We provide bed linen and towels.
We don't charge cleaning fee.
There is free wi-fi throughout the hostel.
We don't serve breakfast.
Using the kitchen is allowed under conditions.
Laundry is not available.
* New year packed & carnival rates 2013:
Our New Year Package starts on December 27th , 2011 until January 2nd , 2012
Our Carnival Package starts on February, 8th until February, 14th .
Both require a minimum of 5 nights.
-You can check in or check out before or after any day of the package and start counting 5 nights from your check in night.
- In case you want to prolong your stay (more than 5 nights), we will offer discounts of up to 80%.
14986 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
starting from €
Our team is your service to help you with your booking issues or answer any related questions